This policy governs the use and disclosure by us of personal information of our users and outlines how users can access that information. It is only applicable to the assumption that:
- You provide us with all information marked as compulsory on the relevant application forms
- You warrant that all information provided to us is complete, accurate and up to date at all times
Information that is collected
We collect or maintain the following personal information about our users:
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Username & Password
- Credit Card details (if applicable)
This information will be collected with your knowledge and participation. If you choose not to provide this information we may decline to accept your registration. It will not be possible for you to deal with us anonymously.
Our website may track user access sessions using cookies, without your specific knowledge or participation, by automated means in the course of your use of our network. Cookies are a Web browser technology that is used to improve your experience of using our website but is not used to record any personal information. You may disable cookies in your Web browser at the cost of some possible loss of functionality in your use of our website.
We will not collect information revealing your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or details of health, disability or sexual activity or orientation unless compelled to do so by law. The personal information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- To administer our network;
- For billing purposes;
- For any other purpose for which you would reasonably expect your personal information to be used;
- For any other purpose authorized by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act of 1988.
Disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed in the following circumstances:
- To our authorized officers and our agents to administer our network or for billing or credit collection purposes
- Under compulsion of law, for example, if a warrant or court order is received
- To lessen or prevent a serious and imminent threat to an individual’s life or health
- To you or with your consent;
- For any other purpose authorized by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act of 1988
Otherwise, we will use reasonable endeavors to avoid the disclosure of your personal information, save that aggregated demographic information may be disclosed so long as the information is unable to identify you or any other individual.
Accessing your personal information
You can contact us to request a copy of your personal information by emailing our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. The Privacy Officer shall attend to your request on a confidential basis within 14 days of the request being received. No fee will be levied for access to this information.
Refusal of access
Access of your personal information may be refused if:
- Providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to life or health of a person
- Providing access would create an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others
- The request is frivolous and vexatious
- Denial of access is authorized or required by law
- For any other reason authorized by the National Privacy Principles set out in the Privacy Act of 1988
We will use all reasonable endeavors to ensure the accuracy and quality of the information collected about you. Should personal information that you know has been collected about you change, it is your responsibility to bring the changes to our attention which you may do by email to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will endeavor to keep your personal information as secure as reasonably possible. Without limitation, registration information is not accessible over the Internet, but only from a secure password-protected internal workstation. Our Internet server utilizes a modern Linux-based operating system that is maintained with the latest available security patches and updates.